From my sister, the surgical nurse and certified CPR teacher:
Please pause for 2 minutes and read this:
1. Let’s say it’s 7.25pm and you’re going home (alone of course) after an unusually hard day on the job.
2. You’re really tired, upset and frustrated.
3 Suddenly you start experiencing severe pain in your chest that starts to drag out into your arm and up in to your jaw. You are only about five km from the hospital nearest your home.
4. Unfortunately you don’t know if you’ll be able to make it that far.
5. You have been trained in CPR, but the guy who taught the course did not tell you how to perform it on yourself.
6. HOW TO SURVIVE A HEART ATTACK WHEN ALONE? Since many people are alone when they suffer a heart attack without help, the person whose heart is beating improperly and who begins to feel faint, has only about 10 seconds left before losing consciousness.
7. However, these victims can help themselves by coughing repeatedly and very vigorously. A deep breath should be taken before each cough, and the cough must be deep and prolonged, as when producing sputum from deep inside the chest. A breath and a cough must be repeated about every two seconds without let-up until help arrives, or until the heart is felt to be beating normally again.
8. Deep breaths get oxygen into the lungs and coughing movements squeeze the heart and keep the blood circulating. The squeezing pressure on the heart also helps it regain normal rhythm. In this way, heart attack victims can get to a hospital.
9. Tell as many other people as possible about this. It could save their lives!!
10. A cardiologist says If everyone who gets this mail kindly sends it to 10 people, you can bet that we’ll save at least one life.
It’s 2019 and I am venturing into self publishing.
Previously I published using a vanity press. They did a good job but it was expensive to publish the first two books.
Now I have ventured into self publishing and have republished the first two books of The Fortune Seekers Series under a new series entitled:
Journeys of the Fortune Seekers.
Book one is now entitled:
Bitter Sweet Lives
Book Two is now entitled:
Power and Authority
These novels have the same content as the previous series and are available as Ebook and also paper copies.
Where to buy:
Amazon, Kobo, Barnes and Noble, Google books, and other book buying sites.
Book Three is underway and will be published by my publishing company- Browne Publishers.
I am looking for a title for this historic novel which concentrates on the challenges of women when husbands desert them, don’t provide for their children and spend time in jail for drunken abusive behaviour. This situation is contrasted with a family where the women attempt to bring changes to the centuries old status where men ruled. Think – women getting the vote, the effects of World War One on families.
Any title ideas appreciated and acknowledged/recognised in the book if chosen.
I look forward to your comments and suggestions.
Glennis (pen name: Annie Browne)
Writing well is hard work. But getting rid of a few bad habits can make it easier—and help your prose shine. If you want to improve, it won’t happen by accident. Luckily, science can help. Here’s how to break bad habits in your writing.
— Read on www.grammarly.com/blog/writing-bad-habits/
You see them within you, and on the outside they look back from the mirror.
I saw mine, asked questions about how this happened, why I thought like this, and how to overcome the negative family-traits that I hated in myself.
Hence, the Fortune Seekers Books.
You can’t escape your family-traits; but why would you want to when these genes have made you the person you were meant to be?
Embrace yourself and live
It’s been a long year to complete, what with submission chapter by chapter to my wonderful tutor, Jordan Kantey from Now Novel.
Then followed cover preparations. With this book my cover artist Ingrid Gane, we sought to portray elements within the historical story. We chose a bright cover to contrast and also complement the first book of the series – Dan and Charlotte.
It’s a real thrill to hold the first copy – authors copy, in my hands this morning. Ebooks and paper books are now available, and if you order quickly copies will arrive before Christmas for your holiday enjoyment.
Ordering details are